Bingley Music Live is committed to adopting environmental practices in an attempt to meet the requirements of BS 8901, the British Standard for a sustainable event management system.
So what are we doing? A phased approach towards a sustainable festival has been adopted with the intention of building on existing management systems to develop a policy that will include planning, implementation, monitoring and control. To kick-start the process and with a simple checklist of Recycle, Re-use and Reduce, event staff are challenged to come forward with sustainable event solutions that can be implemented at the festival.
Key ‘green’ practices currently adopted by the festival include:
- Inclusion of traders offering fair trade and ethical products.
- Requests to traders to use bio-degradable products.
- Transport and Travel. Promotion and emphasis on use of public transport including bus/rail and lift share initiative www.freewheelers.co.uk
- Use of LED low carbon lighting for stage production.
- Re-use of event signage
- Separation and recycling of waste.
- Self stop compression taps used for drinking water in audience areas.
- Do not waste water signage
- Local supply chain for festival suppliers and services where reasonably practicable.
- Use of recycled paper in all publicity material.
- Carbon off-setting through tree planting projects.
Please help us in our aim to make BML a more sustainable festival and email your ideas to email@example.com